In Orlando the FBI is investigating whether the gunman's wife knew about the planned attack.
Authorities are also following up on claims Omar Mateen was a regular at the Pulse nightclub.
It came on a day when survivors and doctors spoke about the night of the attack - the terrifying minutes as the gunman walked the club shooting at random, and how they dealt with the aftermath.
Nick Harper reports from Orlando.
IN: "On Saturday.....
OUT: SOC
DUR: 2:20
AIR: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-air.mp3
ARN: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-arn.mp3
938 LIVE: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-938.mp3
FM4: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-fm4.mp3
ICRT: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-icrt.mp3
NIGERIA: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-von.mp3
RNZ: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-rnz.mp3
VATICAN: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-vat.mp3
ZIZ: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-ziz.mp3
GENERIC: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-gen.mp3
TAKE VO
On Saturday night Angel Colon was inside Pulse nightclub when the shooting started.
Somehow he survived.
SOT - Angel Colon, Survivor of nightclub shooting
"I could just see him shooting at everyone. I could hear the shots closer and I look over and he shoots the girl right next to me. And I'm thinking, 'I'm next, I'm dead.' So I don't know how but by the way of god he shoots towards my head but it hits my hand."
TAKE VO
For the doctors Saturday's shooting was an emergency they'd rehearsed for, but hoped would never happen.
SOT - Dr Chadwick Smith, Surgical and intensive care unit director
"I saw team members walking into work crying and I just I just couldn't express how. It's hard to describe how you feel. I know how they feel, they know how we feel. And you know when when the task comes to hand you just do what needs to be done."
TAKE VO
27 of the 53 people injured are still being treated in hospital - six of them in a critical condition.
TAKE VO
Investigators meanwhile are looking into claims gunman Omar Mateen visited Pulse nightclub on several occasion before the shooting.
TAKE VO
And they're speaking to Mateen's wife about claims she was with him when he bought ammunition, scoped out the nightclub, and potentially knew about the planned attack. If that's the case, she could now faces charges.
TAKE VO
For a second night the city is holding a candlelit vigil to remember the dead, and support the injured.
TAKE VO
Four of Javier Fernandez's friends died in the attack.
SOT - Javier Fernandez
"It comes in waves, it's like you're so numb to all the pain from everyone that you've lost, it's an indescribable feeling, it's absolutely awful and horrific."
TAKE VO
On Thursday President Obama will visit Orlando to meet those involved in Saturday's tragedy.
For now, the city is doing what it can to stand together, to remember, to recover.
SOC
ENDS
IN: "On Saturday.....
OUT: SOC
DUR: 2:20
AIR: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-air.mp3
ARN: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-arn.mp3
938 LIVE: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-938.mp3
FM4: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-fm4.mp3
ICRT: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-icrt.mp3
NIGERIA: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-von.mp3
RNZ: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-rnz.mp3
VATICAN: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-vat.mp3
ZIZ: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-ziz.mp3
GENERIC: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0614orlando-nh-gen.mp3
TAKE VO
On Saturday night Angel Colon was inside Pulse nightclub when the shooting started.
Somehow he survived.
SOT - Angel Colon, Survivor of nightclub shooting
"I could just see him shooting at everyone. I could hear the shots closer and I look over and he shoots the girl right next to me. And I'm thinking, 'I'm next, I'm dead.' So I don't know how but by the way of god he shoots towards my head but it hits my hand."
TAKE VO
For the doctors Saturday's shooting was an emergency they'd rehearsed for, but hoped would never happen.
SOT - Dr Chadwick Smith, Surgical and intensive care unit director
"I saw team members walking into work crying and I just I just couldn't express how. It's hard to describe how you feel. I know how they feel, they know how we feel. And you know when when the task comes to hand you just do what needs to be done."
TAKE VO
27 of the 53 people injured are still being treated in hospital - six of them in a critical condition.
TAKE VO
Investigators meanwhile are looking into claims gunman Omar Mateen visited Pulse nightclub on several occasion before the shooting.
TAKE VO
And they're speaking to Mateen's wife about claims she was with him when he bought ammunition, scoped out the nightclub, and potentially knew about the planned attack. If that's the case, she could now faces charges.
TAKE VO
For a second night the city is holding a candlelit vigil to remember the dead, and support the injured.
TAKE VO
Four of Javier Fernandez's friends died in the attack.
SOT - Javier Fernandez
"It comes in waves, it's like you're so numb to all the pain from everyone that you've lost, it's an indescribable feeling, it's absolutely awful and horrific."
TAKE VO
On Thursday President Obama will visit Orlando to meet those involved in Saturday's tragedy.
For now, the city is doing what it can to stand together, to remember, to recover.
SOC
ENDS