INTRO
*** UPDATE WITH LATEST LINES
Police in Manchester continue to investigate the 22 year old attacker, who blew himself up outside the concert of American singer Ariana Grande on Monday night, killing 22 people.
Several arrests have been made and Greater Manchester believe the bomber has links to an extremist network in the city. German Intelligence has suggested that four days before the attack he'd been in Dusseldorf
Meanwhile the leaking of photographs to US media, which purport to show evidence of the bomb have caused tension between the US and UK.
With the US's top diplomat condemning the leaks.
Our UK correspondent Natalie Powell is in Manchester and sent this report.
IN: The city of Manchester
OUT: SOC
DUR: 3'35
AIR: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0525manchester-np-air.mp3
ARN: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0525manchester-np-arn.mp3
938 LIVE: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0525manchester-np-938.mp3
FM4: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0525manchester-np-fm4.mp3
ICRT: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0525manchester-np-icrt.mp3
NIGERIA: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0525manchester-np-von.mp3
RNZ: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0525manchester-np-rnz.mp3
VATICAN: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0525manchester-np-vatican.mp3
ZIZ: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0525manchester-np-ziz.mp3
GENERIC: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0525manchester-np-generic.mp3
SCRIPT
The city of Manchester is still in shock from Monday's events. But communities here are coming together and the healing process is beginning.
Queen Elizabeth the II visited the city's hospitals, to speak to those injured in the attack.
A minute's silence has been observed, to remember the 22 people who lost their lives.
They were parents, teenagers and young children.
The incident has cast a shadow over this city, but people here say they are resilient
VOX1: I think the Manchester people are very passionate, very loving, very caring and we just wanted to do what we could, I've been able to hug one lady and give her some comfort and I feel it was worth coming just for that one woman
VOX2:: It was said the other day we don't want your pity we just want your love and we are feeling that love.
I don't have words to explain it, evil doesn't touch it, atrocity doesn't touch it, but just the word why, why do you want to kill yourself and kill others, please why?"
An appeal raising money for the victim's families has already received millions of dollars in donations.
And helping to drum up money for it- are tattoo studios.
In Manchester, those wanting to show a more permanent sign of solidarity are getting the city's bee emblem as a tattoo - with all money received going towards the appeal
Adam and Laura were among the first to get the ink
LAURA: It's really good I'm really impressed with it, it didn't take that long to do, obviously they're fully booked as far as I know now, but it's just are really great way to show how much we appreciate the people and this city and to show we're not going to stand for what's happened.
ADAM: Obviously the community has come together here in a really special way and we saw this fundraiser pop up on Facebook and though that's a really good idea. Something I can relate to because I've had tattoos before and when I found out the proceeds went to the victims families I just really wanted to get on board with it."
As the investigation into the man behind the attack, 22 year old Salman Abedi continues….
The leaking of confidential police photographs to US media has angered many in the city. With concerns that it could have an impact on the ongoing investigation.
VOX 1: "Not very nice to show photographs of the scene"
VOX 2: "I feel frustrated that sometimes people can behave irresponsibly and it doesn't help those professionals that are trying to do what they can to find out the truth."
The UK terror threat level, which was increased following the bombing remains at critical, - it's highest possible level, meaning an attack could be imminent
As a result, the British army has been sent to patrol important landmarks and there's an increased police presence on the streets of many towns and cities.
It's come as some comfort to those here in Manchester who say they feel safer with this visible presence.
The city's attention however is firmly on the victims of this attack. St Ann's square in Manchester has become the centre of remembrance
As people continue to lay flowers in this square for those who lost their lives and for the city they feel so strongly towards.
SOC