Saturday, May 19, 2018

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tie the knot


INTRO

Price Harry has tied the knot with former American Actress Meghan Markle, at a celebrity filled ceremony at Windsor Castle.


Of the 600 guests, attending were the likes of Oprah Winfrey, David Beckham and Elton John.


It's estimated around 100,000 people were in Windsor to join in the celebrations, as UK Correspondent Natalie Powell reports.


IN: A wedding

OUT: SOC

DUR: 3 minutes 48 seconds


http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0519wedding-wrap-np-generic.mp3



SCRIPT

A wedding straight from a fairy tale.

Handsome Prince, beautiful bride and a vow to live happily ever after

USPOT OF CEREMONY

This was a transatlantic celebration - mixing tradition and modernity - with a star studded guest list.

And outside well wishers had come from far and wide to be part of the occasion.

TAKE VOXES

"I came from Chicago, Maria came form Washington DC, just for this Wedding. I really love her as an actress and said if they were to ever get engaged I would come over and support her, plus when is the next time I'm going to get to go to another Royal Wedding"

"I'm from Johannesburg and my daughter lives in London and I'm a big royal fan so I came for this wedding, I thought it was such a modern wedding and it was so exciting to be here"

"Oh yes, we're from Canada. We were part of the Commonwealth of course until… and we know a lot about the royalty…actually the three of us are retired and we hadn't had a holiday away with each other so we thought, you know what, that'll be fun. Let's do that"

Hugh and Meg were two of the lucky ones that were invited in to the grounds of Windsor castle and were able to get closer to the royal family and the celebrity guests

TAKE VOXES

"That was amazing because they were just across the road from us and we could literally touch them, Elton John, George Clooney, the Middletons, Sarah Ferguson and they were just, just in front of us. So that was really lovely

Probably seeing the royals, seeing the queen, obviously the bride and groom leaving"

Markle chose a classic-style dress, with a special veil - designed with a distinctive flora from each of the 53 Commonwealth nations. A nod to the important role this bride and her husband want to play as ambassadors.

To some, it was an emotional wedding, to others, a celebration and a chance to come together .

TAKE VOXES

"Aww their little faces when they saw each other that was sweet, just the whole service, siting at each other, you could see the love. And when he took her veil off and when Prince Charles walked her down the aisle that was very touching, made me cry. I think the UK did well today, to see everyone just really celebrating. Weddings are just happy wonderful occasions, we needed a bit of happiness didn't we?"

"Yeah it was really fun and they really are a good couple aren't they, Meghan and Harry"

With rings exchanged, it marks a new era for the royal couple -and possibly too for the royal family 


From now on Harry and Megan will be known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and if their wedding is anything to go by, we can expect a very modern approach to royal duties from this couple.


SOC